Competence Centre for Mining and Mineral Resources
The CGCIC’s Competence Centre for Mining and Minerals is an important first point of contact for German and Canadian companies involved in the mining and raw materials industries, particularly those engaged with metals or industrial minerals.
Founded in 2012 and funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action, the Competence Centre has two major tasks:
- Support for the implementation of Germany’s raw materials strategy in cooperation with the German Raw Materials Agency(DERA)
- Support of German mining suppliers and service providers entering the Canadian market
We support the competence centre by providing the following business services for the mining industry:
- Tailor-made market analysis of the Canadian mining industry
- Business partner search from sales to business and joint venture partners
- Business travel and meeting programs to assist in meeting potential business partners or customers in Canada
- Marketing support to increase visibility in Canadian trade media
German Mining Network
The German Mining Network is an association of six competence centres for mining and minerals (Australia, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Canada and Southern Africa) and the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (DIHK), the German Mineral Resources Agency (DERA) and Germany Trade and Invest (GTAI).
The aim of the network is to connect all key players in the mining and raw materials sector in a central platform and to facilitate direct access for companies to the six existing competence centres for mining and minerals worldwide and their respective local contacts.
For more information please visit the German Mining Network website.