Visa Consultation

Any foreign person wishing to work in Canada must apply for a work and residence permit before entering the country. The AHK Canada as your visa specialist will advise you on all questions concerning a temporary or permanent work and residence permit for Canada. Together with our clients, we work out the best strategy for each project and take care of all the necessary procedures and formalities.

© iStock

Our services in the field of visa consulting include

the application for work permits

  • International Experience Canada Program (Working Holiday Programs)
  • Within the framework of international agreements such as GATS, CETA

            - Intra-company transferee / employee secondment

            - Work permits for employee assignments and project activities

            - Work permits for branch and business start-ups (investors)

the application for permanent residence permits for

  • Investors, Entrepreneurs
  • Employees with training / Skilled Workers
  • Employees already living in Canada / Canadian Experience Class

the application for Canadian citizenship

  • Process of getting the Canadian citizenship
  • Retention of German citizenship (retention permit)

other services

  • Extension of work permits and permanent residence permits
  • Application for work permits for family members
  • Visitor Visa / Temporary Resident Visa

Details on Canadian Visa Consulting

Government licensed immigration consultant

Services in connection with visa consulting may only be provided by government licensed immigration consultants. Immigration consultants are familiar with Canadian immigration law and prevent formal mistakes at the application stage.

Of particular importance in this context is the fact that local immigration consultants are promptly informed by the government about current changes in immigration law and can therefore react immediately and in the best interest of their clients and take appropriate action.

Renate Sedlmeier (R508905) is a licensed immigration consultant and member of the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council). The ICCRC is a central supervisory authority for all licensed immigration consultants. Under Canadian law, it is a criminal offence for a person who is not authorized by the government to offer immigration advice in any form.

Under Canadian law, it is a criminal offence for a person who is not authorized by the government to offer immigration advice in any form for consideration.

General Entry Requirements

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry permit for non-visa required foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. The eTA is electronically linked to the traveler's passport.

It is valid for a period of up to five years or until the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier. With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you like for short stays (usually up to 6 months each).