In order to meet their emission reduction targets, both Canada and Germany are aiming to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the transport as well as in industrial sectors. Alternative fuels such as fuels from biomass, biogas waste as well as hydrogen, can be added to existing fuels or replace other fuels in existing processes.
In order to discuss the current challenges and opportunities, the Canadian German Chamber of Industry and Commerce is organizing a virtual Canadian German Conference on Alternative Fuels from Renewable Energies, which will take place on July 5, 2022 from 12:30pm – 4:00pm (EST/Canada) / 18:30 Uhr – 22:00 Uhr (MEZ/Deutschland). The conference is part of the Energy Solutions Program and is supported by the German Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Change.
The conference will include presentations and discussions from leading experts from Canada and Germany.
To learn more and to register for the event please click on the buttons below:
Our Confirmed Speakers
- Stefanie Dreyer | Moderator | Jounalist and Economist
- Ana Maria Suknovic | Senior Account Executive | Industrial Materials, Clean & Low Carbon Technologies Unit, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade (Ontario)
- Mathieu Payeur | Directeur Bureau du développement de l’hydrogène vert et des bioénergies | Secteur de l’innovation et de la transition énergétiques, Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles
- Dirk Bonse | Head of Department "Renewable Gases" | German Biogas Association
- Jennifer Green | Executive Director | Canadian Biogas Association
- Ivette Vera-Perez | President and CEO | Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association (CHFCA)
- Luisa Boll | Programme Manager International Partnerships | NOW GmbH
- Laura Scharlach | Head of Division German Energy Solutions Initiative | The Renewables Academy AG (RENAC)
- Dr. René Stahlschmidt | Head of Sales | Chemieanlagenbau Chemnitz GmbH (CAC)
- Julian Molz | Business Developer | Enapter GmbH
- Philippe Laniel | Eastern Canada Sales Manager | SFC Energy AG
- Samaneh Shahgaldi | Professor and Canada Research Chair Tier II | Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry and Physics Department, University of Quebec à Trois-Rivières
- Arianne Bhérer-Breton | Sales Manager | Electrochaea GmbH
- Boris Dold | Project Manager and lnternational Development | Biogas Hochreiter GrnbH
- Christopher Otto | Manager Sales | HeGo Biotec International GmbH
- Philippe Tanguy | Chief Strategy Officer | HTEC
- Peter Marcus | Member of the Advisory Board | Ingenieur Büro H.Hofmann
- Jürgen Runkel | CEO | Ökologisches Planungsbüro Runkel
- Sonia Shoukry | President & CEO | Global Bio-Coal Energy Inc.
- Matthias Schmidt | Director, Business Development (Europe) | Enerkem
As part of the Energy Solutions Program a German Business Delegation on Alternate Fuels will be present at the conference and visit Canada from July 4-8, 2022 to learn more about the industry and to establish business partnerships with Canadian companies. To learn more about the visiting companies please visit our delegation website.
Head of Division German Energy Solutions Initiative
The Renewables Academy AG (RENAC)
Eastern Canada Sales Manager
SFC Energy AG
Dr. René Stahlschmidt
Head of Sales
Chemieanlagenbau Chemnitz GmbH (CAC)
Ökologisches Planungsbüro Runkel
HeGo Biotec International GmbH
Arianne Bherer Breton
Mathieu Payeur, ing.
Green hydrogen and Bioenergy Bureau
Innovation and Energy Transition sector
Ministry of Energy and Natural ressources (Quebec)
Canadian Biogas Association
Ana Maria Suknovic
Senior Account Executive
Industrial Materials, Clean & Low Carbon Technologies Unit
Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade (Ontario)
President & CEO
Global Bio-Coal Energy Inc.
Journalist and Economist
Head of Department "Renewable Gases"
German Biogas Association
Chief Strategy Officer
Director, Business Development (Europe)
President and CEO
Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association (CHFCA)
Program Manager International Partnerships