- You need information about Canadian import requirements, import permits and import quotas?
- You would like to find out if the importer of your products needs to be licensed or registered?
Our Services in Detail:
We check the Canadian import requirements for your products and summarize the relevant requirements for you:
- Verification of customs duties and the Canadian customs tariff number for your products
- Listing of required import documents for your product, such as import permits, import declarations, special import measures and related documents
- Listing of relevant product and labelling requirements
- Listing of relevant packaging requirements
- Research of required technical certifications, product approvals, product or company registrations
Contact us! Ideally, send us an email with information about the products you want to import to Canada.
- Consumer goods must meet the Canadian packaging and labelling regulations, which enforces the equal bilingual labelling in English and French. For products such as cleaning products, electrical devices, toys and textiles additional safety regulations apply.
- Food product imports are controlled by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the Canadian Border Services Agency. For some food products such as cheese and meat products, import quotas and/or special regulations apply.
- Medical devices are governed by Health Canada. Based on the products, a risk classificiation into four categories is required. Depending on the risk class, a product and/or company licence might be required for the import and sale of the medical device.
With the introduction of planned Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement CETA between Canada and the EU, the importation of European products will be faciliatated and 98.6% of the Canadian customs tariffs will be reduced. Customs duties on industrial products will be completely eliminated over the Long-term, and for agricultural goods 93.8% or the customs duties will be eliminated.