With Germany as a leader in renewable energies and green technologies, it is only natural that our Montreal office reflects this and is especially active in these fields. As a result of our focused activity, over the last 8 years we have developed an extensive network and a significant expertise in these sectors.
We assist German and Canadian companies with the bilateral market entry by providing professional business services.
- Are you looking for reliable market information?
- Do you want to evaluate the market opportunities for your products?
- Are you looking for business contacts in Germany or Canada?
- Do you want to participate in the leading trade fairs and conferences in Germany and Canada?
Check out our core competences and give us a call to learn more about what we offer!
- Experienced know-how in the renewable energies and green technologies sectors
- Excellent sector contacts and connections at the German federal and state levels (industry, government and industry associations)
- Well known neutral intermediate in Germany to facilitate and establish your contacts with German partners
- Regular participation in sector-specific events, such as conferences and trade fairs in Germany and Canada
- Extensive experience with regulations and licensing authorities
- Detailed knowledge and experience as a business partner intermediary and in the areas of joint ventures and investment promotion
- Consulting experience under the “Renewable Energies Export Initiative” (www.exportinitiative.de) and the "Energy Efficiciency Export Initiative" (www.efficiency-from-germany.info) initiated by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Membership in a variety of industry associations at European and German federal and state levels: Eurosolar e.V. and many more
We organize trade fair participations in the priority sectors:
- Wind energy (WindEnergy Hamburg, Hannover Messe, CanWEA Trade Show and Conference)
- Solar energy (Intersolar Europe, Solar Canada - Annual National Conference and Exposition)
- Bio energy (Ligna, CanBio Annual Conference & Trade Shows)
- Environmental technologies (IFAT, Americana, Globe, Canadian Waste & Recycling Expo)
- Energy efficiency (CaGBC National Conference and Expo)
Our event services include:
- Organization of conferences and seminars in all key areas in Canada and Germany
- Organization of customized member seminars
- Information events for members and non-members
We organize projects and delegations to initiate direct personal contacts. In particular, these involve:
- Business delegations to Canada such as German Chambers of Commerce Business Programs within the framework of the Renewable Energies Export Initiative and Energy Efficiency Export Initiative, which are carried out on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy
- Delegation visits from Canada to Germany at the level of federal states
Germany is one of the world's leading countries in the field of renewable energies. Its production and use of renewable energies has increased exponentially over the last ten years. Today, renewable energies are considered to be one of Germany’s leading technology industries:
- In 2013, renewable energies amounted to 12.3 % of the final energy consumption and 23.4 % of the gross electricity consumption
- The total volume of investments in renewable energies reached EUR 19.5 million (= CAD 29 million; EUR 1 = CAD 1.49) in 2012
- Since 2004, the number of employees in the renewable energies industry has more than doubled. Today, there are about 377 800 people employed in this sector
- Germany’s goal is to generate 40–45 % of its electricity from zero-emitting sources by 2025 and 55–60 % by 2035
- Currently, subsidies for renewable energies amount to EUR 24 billion (= CAD 35.7 billion) per year. A certain feed-in-tariff is guaranteed to the system operators (currently between about EUR 0.09 (= CAD 0.13) and EUR 0.13 (= CAD 0.19) per kWh for rooftops and EUR 0.09 (= CAD 0.13) per kWh for greenfield installations, each with a current monthly degression of 1%)
Germany’s major role in advancing the worldwide energy turnaround makes this location especially attractive for Canadian companies operating in the field of renewable energies.